- 1 What is a good source of vitamin B12?
- 2 What is the best source of vitamin B?
- 3 What is the best natural source of vitamin B12?
- 4 What is the best source of B12 for vegetarians?
- 5 Which fruit is best for vitamin B12?
- 6 What happens when your vitamin B12 is low?
- 7 How do you know if your vitamin B is low?
- 8 What are the signs of vitamin B complex deficiency?
- 9 Which vitamin is best for hair?
- 10 What are the 3 foods to never eat?
- 11 What causes a B12 deficiency?
- 12 What is normal level of vitamin B12 in elderly?
- 13 Can I buy vitamin B12 tablets?
- 14 How can I get enough B12?
- 15 Which vegetables are rich in B12?
What is a good source of vitamin B12?
Good sources of vitamin B12
- some fortified breakfast cereals.
What is the best source of vitamin B?
Consuming adequate amounts of the eight B complex vitamins puts you on the path to a healthy diet. Some top sources of B vitamins include meat (especially liver), seafood, poultry, eggs, dairy products, legumes, leafy greens, seeds and fortified foods, such as breakfast cereal and nutritional yeast.
What is the best natural source of vitamin B12?
To increase the amount of vitamin B12 in your diet, eat more of foods that contain it, such as:
- Beef, liver, and chicken.
- Fish and shellfish such as trout, salmon, tuna fish, and clams.
- Fortified breakfast cereal.
- Low-fat milk, yogurt, and cheese.
What is the best source of B12 for vegetarians?
Top vitamin B12 foods for vegetarians
- Dairy products. Eating dairy products is one of the simplest ways to get enough vitamin B12 in a vegetarian diet.
- Eggs. Another source of B12 for vegetarians is eggs.
- Fortified foods.
- Nutritional yeast.
- Shitake mushroom.
Which fruit is best for vitamin B12?
Vitamin B-12 is not found in fruits, but that’s no reason to leave fruit off your plate. Most fruit is high in folic acid, another B vitamin your body may lack. Fruit is also high in fiber. High-fiber diets may reduce your risk of obesity, heart disease, and diabetes.
What happens when your vitamin B12 is low?
Not having enough B12 can lead to anemia, which means your body does not have enough red blood cells to do the job. This can make you feel weak and tired. Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause damage to your nerves and can affect memory and thinking.
How do you know if your vitamin B is low?
Symptoms of Vitamin B12 Deficiency
Weakness, tiredness, or lightheadedness. Heart palpitations and shortness of breath. Pale skin. A smooth tongue.
What are the signs of vitamin B complex deficiency?
Vitamin B12deficiency symptoms may include:
- strange sensations, numbness, or tingling in the hands, legs, or feet.
- difficulty walking (staggering, balance problems)
- a swollen, inflamed tongue.
- difficulty thinking and reasoning (cognitive difficulties), or memory loss.
Which vitamin is best for hair?
Below are 5 vitamins and 3 other nutrients that may be important for hair growth.
- Vitamin A. All cells need vitamin A for growth.
- B-Vitamins. One of the best known vitamins for hair growth is a B-vitamin called biotin.
- Vitamin C.
- Vitamin D.
- Vitamin E.
What are the 3 foods to never eat?
AVOID: Refined Grains
- White flour.
- Baked goods.
- Snack goods.
- Breakfast cereals.
What causes a B12 deficiency?
However, the most common cause of vitamin B-12 deficiency anemia is a lack of a substance called intrinsic factor, which can be caused when your immune system mistakenly attacks the stomach cells that produce this substance. This type of anemia is called pernicious anemia.
What is normal level of vitamin B12 in elderly?
A serum vitamin B12 level between 200 pg/mL and 900 pg/mL is considered normal, but a threshold of 300 to 350 pg/mL is recognized as a marker for a desirable status in the elderly. The laboratory diagnosis is usually based on low serum vitamin B12 levels or elevated serum methylmalonic acid and homocysteine levels.
Can I buy vitamin B12 tablets?
Today, B12 supplements are available at every drugstore and supermarket. They’re promoted for warding off deadly anemia as well as neuropathy, memory loss, depression, and more.
How can I get enough B12?
You can get recommended amounts of vitamin B12 by eating a variety of foods including the following:
- Beef liver and clams, which are the best sources of vitamin B12.
- Fish, meat, poultry, eggs, milk, and other dairy products, which also contain vitamin B12.
Which vegetables are rich in B12?
|Meat||Legumes||Fruit and Vegetables|
|liver (best source)||dried beans||spinach|
|kidney||spilt peas (dhals)||brussel sprouts|
|egg yolk||soya products||broccoli|